Best Trees for Landscaping Your Yard
Planting trees can help improve the appearance of your yard. They can provide shade, colour, privacy and even add value to your property. But, it’s important to choose the right ones. Here are some of the best trees for landscaping your yard.
The best trees for creating shade are tall and dense. Here are some options:
- Ash trees are found across Canada and typically grow between 40 and 60 feet tall. They can provide excellent shade for hundreds of years.
- Silver Maples are fast-growing trees that can reach a height of 50 to 80 feet. They have extensive roots and should be planted at least 10 feet away from pipes and sewer lines.
Low maintenance trees
Several species of trees are low maintenance and create very little mess. Here are a few examples:
- Arborvitae thrive in different types of soil conditions. They require little upkeep and can handle extreme weather conditions.
- Spruce trees grow slowly and require little care. They don’t need to be pruned.
Luckily, not all trees grow as tall as Redwoods. If you have a small yard, consider planting one of the following species:
- Redbuds are easy-to-grow small trees with beautiful pink or white flowers. They reach up to 10 feet tall and need full sun to thrive.
- Crabapple trees vary in size according to their variety, and some never grow past six feet tall. They’re known for producing colourful fruit and being resistant to disease.
- Japanese Maples have bright burgundy leaves that turn red in the fall. These trees grow up to 20 feet tall.
These trees are planted for ornamental purposes. They’re often intended to be a focal point in your yard. They’re known for their striking features like attractive flowers or unusual shapes. Here are some popular varieties:
- Flowering dogwood trees are native to North America. They have pink or white springtime flowers that develop bright red fruit later in the summer.
- Weeping cherry trees change colour with the seasons. They start out with dark pink buds that turn lighter as they blossom. Their foliage turns green in the summer and golden in the fall.
Tree Maintenance and Landscaping Services in Alberta
All Season Tree Service provides a variety of expert tree care services, including tree removal, pruning and tree and shrub shaping, cabling and bracing, and stump grinding, among others. Our professional arborists can provide a knowledgeable assessment and recommend an appropriate solution. Contact us today for a free estimate.